Thanks. I'm guessing this is why my dad has a crippling caffeine addiction. I'm at two nights this week that I've stopped work by 7pm, every other night has been later. Sleeping in tomorrow though
That'll give one a caffeine addiction, too; unreasonable hours and all-nighter culture might not be as much of a thing as it was, but it surely was a thing.
And caffeine is extremely addictive and society has been all in favor since chocolate arrived in a big way in the 1600s.
People used to look at me funny when I wasn't working remotely and I'd get asked why I didn't drink anything caffeinated and reply that it made me sarcastic.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-03 12:05 pm (UTC)Sympathy!
Wishing you enough rest is silly, but may you get more than expected.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-04 10:52 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-10-04 01:20 pm (UTC)I think you've said your dad does computer stuff?
That'll give one a caffeine addiction, too; unreasonable hours and all-nighter culture might not be as much of a thing as it was, but it surely was a thing.
And caffeine is extremely addictive and society has been all in favor since chocolate arrived in a big way in the 1600s.
People used to look at me funny when I wasn't working remotely and I'd get asked why I didn't drink anything caffeinated and reply that it made me sarcastic.